Saturday, August 28, 2010

Last minute memories

Today was a beautiful late-summer Saturday, the very best kind. Not too hot, nice and breezy, trees just starting to turn colours. We had been talking about going for a hike up Calabogie (a "mountain-ish" hill west of Ottawa) and asked Sarah to come a long with us. Sarah is moving to Halifax on Friday to attend Dalhousie University, so we are trying to get in as much "Auntie Sarah" time as we can over the next week.


We hiked all the way to the top and then had a picnic lunch. Jack did really well- he walked the whole way up and only needed a bit of help on the way down. Sarah hardly needed any help at all! ;)

We saw lots of frogs in the puddles.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Brittons - it is so much fun reading your blog jenny and i love the pictures. particularly the one of ben and jack on the rocks Is there a way I can get this picture from your blog? We have a printer for pictures but, in case I haven't mentioned it - computer illiteracy lives here. It took me about 40 min. to sign in to google so that I could leave a message. Glad to hear you had a grreat holiday and I heard Sarah is ready to rip up Halifax. Hope your start at school was good. Please let me know about the pic. and give me love to everyone. Cheers, Jan

Jen and Ben Britton said...

Hi Jan!
I'm going to send you an email on how to do that... the resolution on the pictures might not be good enough for printing, but I can email you a better version and you can print it. I don't think I have your address though! I'll get Jim to send it to me when he gets home from the boat.
Hope all is well!
xo J.